Passing The CISSP Exam
Main CISSP Acronym Edge Index
"Study; relax; remember you just need to pass, not excel"
Most of my students by far pass the CISSP exam, but those who fail
the first time fail usually by 1 to 3 questions. Many other befall the
same fate . . .
Almost zero of my students fail the second time, but you do not want
to take the exam twice, never mind more than twice if you can avoid it!
Yet many people do.
It’s not fun, you have better things to do with your life, and it
Anything that gives you an edge ethically, however slight, is great.
Remember – what seems obvious and trivial now, may not 4 or 5 hours
into the exam.
- Read every question and EVERY answer. If when tired you just
start picking answers that sound good, they own you – you’ve already
- Do not just get a good night’s sleep – get two good nights sleep
before the exam.
- Stay at or damn near the exam location – that mere 5 minute
drive may become 25 if there is an accident or road construction
begins on exam day (like it did for me). Or you may get a flat tire or
have a dead car battery (oh
yeah, I hear stories all the time).
- Stay in the night before. Celebrate after the exam.
- If you have done your homework, do not worry about being
unprepared. You can never be 100% prepared. The CBK is bigger than
your head (metaphorically speaking) and memorizing the entire thing
is probably impossible and trying is a waste of time.
- Smile – it’s only 6 hours and it doesn’t suck that big time.
It’s actually fun in a perverse Jeopardy kind of way! Yes, attitude
can make THE difference.